Dennis McCarbery, director
Strengthening vocational relationships & ethics
Vocational service encourages Rotarians to serve others through their vocations and to practice high ethical standards.
- Scholarships — The club is a major contributor of scholarships to graduating seniors from Murrieta high schools who are preparing for lifelong vocations through colleges and vocational schools.
- Music Competition — The club stages a competition each year for high school-age musicians as a way of encouraging young people to pursue musical careers. The contest offers cash prizes and entry into a district-wide competition.
- Vocational Service Awards — This program annually recognizes high standards from public safety and educational employees.
- 4-Way Speech Contest — This program has a dual purpose: encourage development of public speaking skills through a contest for high schoolers centered on Rotary’s 4-Way Test of ethical values. Prize money is awarded along with entry into district-level competition.
- Veterans Luncheon — The club annually recognizes those who have served in this country’s Armed Forces with a special luncheon at the Field of Honor.